Animal Ordinance Code Violations
- Animals running at large
- Failure to pick up fecal waste when walking dag
- Excessive noise
- Unsanitary conditions on private property
- Confined in heat
- Failure to license a dog or cat
- Failure to display license and/or current rabies tag
Learn about Cheverly's Code Enforcement as it pertains to animals here.
Don't let your pets become a nuisance
Complaints from residents:
- Dogs running loose that have bitten residents
- Dogs running loose that have attacked smaller dogs being walked by their owners
- Owners walking their dogs that leave fecal waste in other people's yards, on sidewalks, or in parks
Please be a good neighbor
- Your dog or cat must be SECURELY confined so that it cannot escape from your property
- Dogs must be on a leash strong enough to control the animal
- Do not let your dog run loose in the parks
- Be aware that if you leave your dog home alone with the windows open, your dog may become a noise problem by barking at everything and everyone that passes.
- YOU MUST PICK UP AFTER YOUR ANIMALS.