Confirmed Cases in PG County:
Deaths in PG County:
Confirmed Cases in Maryland:
Deaths in Maryland:
*Above Statistics Updated Daily at 10:30 AM*
- Stimulus Checks: $1,200 payments to individual taxpayers making up to $75,000 a year, and $2,400 payments to married couples filing jointly making under $150,000 a year. Reduced checks will be available for higher incomes.
- Expanded Unemployment Insurance: Eligibility has been expanded to 39 weeks and benefits extended to those who are self-employed, gig workers and freelancers. Benefits will also increase by an additional $600 per week for up to four months.
- Mortgage Relief: Homeowners with federal-backed mortgages can apply for forbearance for six months through their lender.
- Paid Sick Leave: Both full-time and part-time employees are eligible for 80 hours of paid sick leave, and those caring for a sick loved one are eligible for two-thirds pay.
- Paid Family Leave: Up to 12 weeks of family leave is available for those who need to stay home because of school closures due to COVID-19.
- Student Loans: Federal student loan payments are automatically suspended for six months and no interest will accrue
- The Department of Social Services’ buildings are closed to the public, but @PGCDSS is still here to help you.
- All childcare centers are being closed in the State, except for those providing childcare for essential workers such as doctors, nurses, police officers, and others. If you are an essential worker that needs child care, visit: https://earlychildhood.marylandpublicschools.org/
- You can visit EmployPG.com/COVID19 to answers concerns listed below and other questions regarding unemployment:
- When and how to apply for unemployment insurance
- If you are filing for unemployment and need help finding a job
- If the business you work for temporarily shuts down due to COVID-19
- If your employer reduces your hours due to COVID-19
- If your employer shuts down due to COVID-19
|STATUS OF TOWN OF CHEVERLY PUBLIC FACILITIES|
|Town Hall||Offices are closed to the public as of 3/12 at 5 P.M.||Please call a specific office if you have an urgen need to conduct business.|
|Town Parks & Trails||Open|
Practice Social Distancing of at least 6 feet.
|Town Owned Playground Equipment||Closed|
Town Playground equipment is off limits indefinitely
|Police Department||No public access||See note below|
|Public Works||No public access|
|Meeting Rooms||No public access||Meeting rooms at Town Hall are closed.|
|Trash and other Public Works Collection||Continuing as scheduled|
Lunches for School Children
Grab & Go lunches are being distributed to Prince George’s School System students, weekdays at several schools, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Cheverly Police Department
The door leading to the Police Department lobby is open to the public. Visitors are welcome to enter the lobby, just inside the front door. Administrative staff will be happy to assist you but prefer that you call for assistance. All citations can be paid online. In addition, all late fees associated with citations and fines, that were issued/applied after the State of Emergency, have been suspended.
All emergencies and crimes in progress should be reported to 911. All calls related to a crime that has occurred in the past, or non-emergencies, should be reported to 301-352-1200. For anyone with an administrative inquiry, please call 301-341-1055. In some cases, officers will be taking reports over the telephone. In all emergency situations, including reports of any felony, police response will remain as usual.
Town Council Meetings Go Virtual
Public meeting access and resident input will be supported via video/phone. Updates coming soon.
Town Rental Inspections Canceled
Rental inspections conducted by the Code Compliance Office are canceled until 3/31.
Per the Governor’s order, public utilities are prohibited from charging late fees or shutting off service during this emergency.
Prohibition on Evictions
Per the Governor’s order, Maryland courts are temporarily forbidden from ordering the eviction of any tenant who can show that their failure to pay rent was the result of COVID-19 or because they are diagnosed with, or under investigation for, COVID-19.
|EVENTS & MEETINGS|
|Town Council Meetings||Closed to the public||Updates coming soon|
|Easter Egg Hunt||Canceled|
Other events will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, considering the Governor’s recent orders and depending on the spread of the virus.
Follow CDC recommendations about hand washing hygiene, social distancing, and what to do if you suspect you may have COVID-19 (https://www.cdc.gov)
Consider using delivery or curb side pickup services for groceries and prescriptions
Prince George’s County Health Department COVID-19 Hotline number: 301-883-6627
Maryland Department of Health Hotline number: 410-767-6871
The State of Maryland has issued the following FAQ documents
For Older Adults - https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Documents/FAQ_covid19_older_adults.pdf