Containers not to exceed thirty-two (32) gallon capacity with a tight-fitting lid.
Trash must be out to the curb prior to 7:00 am on your pickup day.
- East side of town is on Monday & Thursday
- West side of town is on Tuesday & Friday
Back door pickup in the snow remember your sanitation worker when there is snow on the ground. Bring your cans to the curb so our workers won't have to trudge through the snow or ice to get your backdoor cans.
If your regular trash collection day falls on a federally observed holiday you will not receive trash collection on that day. During that week you will only have (1) regular trash collection on your next scheduled day. Please note the trash route changes on the day after the holidays, so to be sure not to miss the collection, your trash must be at the curb prior to 7:00 am after a holiday.
Electronics recycling schedule
Collected every Wednesday after regular recycling. Place any electronic equipment out next to the recycling bin for pickup.
This includes tv's any size, computers, printers, etc. If a federally observed holiday falls on a Wednesday, recycling will occur on the following day (Thursday)
Collected every Monday only
Tree limbs and brush must be cut 4 feet in length and tied up or put in a trash can for easy handling by the public works employees. Tree limbs not to exceed 4 inches in diameter.
Dirt is not acceptable.
Bamboo is not acceptable on Monday's collection. Put bamboo out (cut in 4' length, tied up) with bulk trash on Thursday or Friday.
No stumps or logs.
No landscape ties.
Leaves and grass trimmings should be placed in paper bags or trash containers.
All loose materials must be placed in containers and not exceed 50 pounds. We do not take the dirt.
Yard waste should not be placed out before 5:00pm on Sunday.
If the crew does not finish collecting yard waste on Monday, they will complete the task on the following day. This does not mean you may put out more yard waste if they have cleared your street the prior day.
Special trash collection
- Special trash collection is for large/bulky items: (old furniture, rugs, lamps, odd junk, etc…)
- Items must be placed at the curb before 7:00am the morning of your special trash day but not before 7:00pm on the night before.
- East side of town is on Thursday
- West side of town is on Friday
- All loose materials must be in containers and cannot exceed 50 pounds. Up to three items are accepted on any given special collection day.
- Materials that will not be accepted: appliances (fee required), construction materials, auto parts (including tires), hazardous wastes (such as oils & paints), recyclable materials and yard waste.
- This does not include the total house clean out. See the pictures below. When a move out occurs, arrangements should be made for pickup. We will assess a fee for this type of pickup.
This is an example of a clean out that is not acceptable. Prior arrangements should be made for pickup. A fee will be assessed. If no arrangements are made, the fee and fine will be assessed and if not paid, the property will be lined.
Bulky trash - construction material - we do not pick up
This is an example of bulk trash that is collected on Thursday or Friday.
This is an example of bulk trash that is collected on Thursday or Friday
Recycling & electronics
Recycling pickups are every Wednesday. You can now combine your recyclables. Use either blue or yellow bins to place plastic, paper, glass, newspaper, and cardboard together for collection on Wednesday. There is no need to separate these items.
However, do set your electronic items out to the side. If a federally observed holiday falls on a Wednesday, recycling will occur on the following day (Thursday). Batteries are not acceptable, they must be taken to the brown station landfill, Thursday Friday or Saturday (hazardous waste days)
Consists of washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, air conditioners (any size), water heaters, and microwaves (any size).
You must make special arrangements for appliance pickup and pay a fee for the removal, determined by the mayor and council. For further information call 301-773-2666.
In addition to prescription medication disposal available at the cheverly police station, Prince George's County offers free hazardous waste disposal at the brown station landfill in Upper Marlboro.
For complete information regarding the county's waste management and hazardous waste disposal programs, visit their website.