Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 7:30pm
November 12, 2020
1. Call to Order
2 .Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Approval of Minutes (October 8, 2020 and October 22, 2020)
5. Resident Input - Public comment period on items not included in the agenda. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes. Residents are asked to please state name and ward.
6. Committee Reports
- Recreation Council
- Green Infrastructure Committee
- Cheverly Day Committee
- Planning Board
7. Town Administrator Report - Town Administrator Galloway – will provide a report to the Mayor and Council regarding the status of Town operations and a summary of actions taken under the COVID-19 state of emergency.
8. Police Report - Chief Towers - will give monthly report.
9. Public Works Report - Director Brayman - will give update on the Department of Public Works.
10. Introduction of Town Attorneys – Alexander and Cleaver, Jason Deloach and Todd Pounds.
11. Non-Citizen Voting Final Reader* -The Mayor will close the Public Hearing on the proposed Charter Amendment following any additional resident comment and will then proceed with the third and final reader of the amendment. The final reader will be followed by a vote of Mayor and Council.
12. Application for liquor licenses for Tropicana and Super Fuego -Town Administrator Galloway and Cheverly Code Compliance will report to the Mayor and Council concerning these requests and possible next steps.
13. Second Quarter Budget Review – Administrator Galloway and Town Treasurer, Melanie Friesen will discuss the second quarter budget.
14. Low Impact Design Center (LIDC) Presentation on Town Park - following the completion of a community engagement process to include a resident survey, LIDC representatives will present their recommendations for Cheverly Town Park.Craftsman Building Update – Mayor Riazi will introduce Atapco, the new owners and developers of the former Craftsman printing press building followed by a brief update from Atapco on plans for site and status of an easement for a bike path.
15. Audit Update – Administrator Galloway and Town Treasurer, Melanie Friesen will give an update on the audit.
16. Extension of Vacation Leave Accrual in COVID-19* – Administrator Galloway will present the need for extension of use-or-lose vacation date and request Mayor and Council support.
17. Review of December Town Meeting agenda and future requests - Mayor and Town Administrator will offer a forecast of the upcoming Public Hearings and December Town Meeting agenda. Mayor will seek Council input on agenda items for consideration for future Worksessions.
18. Mayor and Council Announcements
Opportunity for Mayor and Council to share community happenings and events.
(*) denotes an agenda item requiring action (typically expressed by a vote) of Mayor and Council.
You are invited to a Zoom webinar
When: Nov 12, 2020 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: November 12 Town Meeting
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Webinar ID: 833 4777 4949
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +13017158592,,83347774949# or +16465588656,,83347774949#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 346 248 7799