What can a person do if a neighbor is likely in violation of an ordinance?

The first step you should take when you believe a neighbor is in violation of an ordinance is to talk with your neighbor or the property owner about the situation. If you have done so, and the effort has failed, call Code Enforcement at (240) 770-7647 register a complaint. Please give the exact address and description of the problem you feel is in violation. All complaints are confidential.