Town of Cheverly
News and Announcements
What a turnout! The Town Council had hoped for 100 attendees at the Cheverly Sector Plan Meeting, and our community exceeded that goal by 150%. Over 250 attended the meeting, and over 60 people spoke in opposition of the proposed amendment to expand the core boundary.
This was a powerful display of the will of the community, and it made a tremendous impact with the County Council.
There is still a long way to go, and we will keep you informed at every step. We will also continue to work with the County Economic Development Corporation and other county organization to attempt to acquire the county owned property in this area.
Major Next Steps:
1) End of Written Testimony: November 21st
There is still time to write a letter of opposition, please take a moment to do so.
2) Planning Board Review Recommendation: December 7th
The Planning Board will take all the testimony provided and hold a meeting to formally make a recommendation on this issue to the District Council.
3) Transmission to District Council: December 21st
The Planning Board provides it's recommendation with backup to the District Council
4) The District Council will hold meeting to accept recommendation: Jan 9.
5) The District Council makes a decision on the Boundary Amendment. Jan 23rd.
This is the earliest date the District Council can make a final decision on the boundary amendment.
Again, Thank You so much Cheverly!