Orange & Blue Lines: Foggy Bottom – Federal Center shutdown
7:00 a.m. Saturday until closing Sunday
· Stations closed: Farragut West, McPherson Sq and Metro Center (lower level)
· Free shuttle buses will operate on two routes:
o The local route will operate between Foggy Bottom and Federal Triangle, making intermediate stops at Farragut West, McPherson Sq and Metro Center. Please add 10 minutes of travel time for each station stop.
o The limited route will operate in a loop from Foggy Bottom to Metro Center (20 minutes), Metro Center to Federal Triangle (10 minutes) and Federal Triangle back to Foggy Bottom (15 minutes).
· To allow for shuttle bus connections, the last trains will depart:
o From Vienna: 29 minutes earlier than normal on Saturday and 26 minutes earlier than normal on Sunday
o From New Carrollton: 14 minutes earlier than normal on Saturday and Sunday
o From Franconia-Springfield: 31 minutes earlier than normal on Saturday and Sunday
o From Largo Town Center: 62 minutes earlier than normal on Saturday and 18 minutes earlier than normal on Sunday
· The Silver Line will operate between Wiehle-Reston East & Ballston only. Customers traveling to/from other stations should use Orange and/or Blue Lines to complete their trip. At Ballston, transfer between Silver and Orange line trains on the same platform.
Red Line: Grosvenor-Twinbrook shutdown
Sunday only, 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
· Station closed: White Flint
· Free shuttle buses will replace trains during this time.
· Allows for a full scale safety exercise at White Flint.
· Due to construction at Crystal City, bus bay assignments will temporarily change starting on Sunday, August 27 for approximately two months. Details can be found at wmata.com.