Town of Cheverly
News and Announcements
Recently the town reached out to the University of Maryland's Geology Department to determine if they could offer some help identifying the source location of the Booms experienced by town residents.
The Seismology Department enthusiastically agreed to lend a hand once we explained the mysterious nature of the "Booms". Together we laid out the following plan of attack:
1) From now to the end of January, residents should report any 'boom" they detected via this online form:
If you do not have internet access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with; date, time, location, and severity 1 through 4. (1 would be hardly at all, 4 would be significant)
2) During this time the Seismology Department will check their existing equipment locations to determine if anything can be detected. However, the equipment while proximate is not believed to be close enough.
3) This data will be used to determine areas of higher impact.
4) Early February the Seismology Department will deploy sensors inside the Town of Cheverly at specific locations determined by them.
5) We will continue reporting and finalize the results.