Cheverly Board of Election Supervisors
April 25, 2013
Attendees: Richard Colaresi, Town Attorney
Patty Gardner, Supervisor
Elizabeth Guy-Stewart, Supervisor
Robin Kaye, Supervisor
Next meeting: May 3, 2013, 4:00 pm
1. Meeting called to order at 6:30 pm.
2. The Board reviewed changes to the regulations proposed by Richard Colaresi and
made further edits to the sections in question (7.8 – 7.16). A motion to approve
the modifications passed unanimously. Richard will send the Board the updated
3. Newly received absentee ballot applications were reviewed. All but one were
approved. The one pending application was missing the voter’s date of birth, and
a voicemail message was left for the voter asking her to provide the information.
This form was an Emergency Absentee Ballot application, and it was missing the
birthdate field altogether, so the Board will inform the Town Clerk that the form
needs to be updated with this field.
4. The checklist was reviewed. The list of supplies that still need to be provided
are: pens (12), sharpee pens of 6 different colors (one per ward), pencil
sharpener (or at least have the pencils in the file cabinet drawer sharpened
before election day), a box of legal sized envelopes, staplers (3), and legal pads
(10). Also, the county-provided items have not been signed off. The Board will
ask the Town Clerk why this is so.
5. The schedule for setting up the gym for election day was discussed. Last election
the setup occurred on the previous Saturday but when the Board showed up on
election morning everything had been put away by a group who had used the
gym for a scheduled event that Sunday. We need to ensure that this doesn’t
happen again. The Board will ask the Town Administrator & Clerk about election
setup plans / scheduling.
6. Received absentee ballots were locked in the ballot box. One ballot envelope was
opened by mistake but was immediately sealed with tape after the mistake was
realized. The contents of the envelope were never removed.
7. Meeting adjourned 7:37 pm.