POLICY AND PROCEDURES
AWARDING OF CHEVERLY GRANTS
Under the newly adopted Guidelines for the Town Grant Program, the following policy will be in effect beginning with the FY 12 Budget effective July1, 2011. All submissions must be in writing utilized the approved Grant Acquisition Agreement Form.
The Cheverly small grant program has been created to support not-for-profit organizations and individuals whose initiatives add to the quality of life within our community. The intent of these grants is to assist those who promote education, the environment, community heritage and our youth.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SUBMISSIONS
A. The Mayor and Town Council may give priority consideration for available funds to the following entities; Council Appointed Committees, Town Committees and Town Sponsored Groups to which the Mayor and Council make appointments: (Recreation Council) (Planning Board) (Election Board) (Tree Commission) (Ethics Commission) (Building Usage) (Health and Sanitation) (Noise and Control Board) (Property Maintenance) (Redistricting Committee).
- The Town may also consider grants to any of the recognized community interest organizations (see attached list). A grant may not be used by or in support of the following groups:
Partisan or political
Groups organized primarily for profit
Fraternal or religious groups and organizations
The Town will not consider grant applications by the above listed B groups.
C. The Mayor and Town Council shall not consider grants for:
Salaries/Individual Stipends/Individual Income
Political, partisan, or personal-cause or religious submissions
Personal fundraising solicitations for events or event sponsoring including, but not limited to sales, auctions, raffles or games of chance involving money
Language that is offensive or advocates violence or unlawful activity, or poses a threat to public order
A. No grant request shall exceed 20% of the line item budgeted for a Fiscal Year for single organization. The Mayor and Council may approve a reduced amount from any given request.
- The Mayor and Council must announce possible conflicts of interest regarding any grant requests and excuse oneself from any vote.
- An application may be strengthened by evidence that the Town contribution can be leveraged by other funding sources.
GRANT ACQUISITION AGREEMENT
All grants issued by the Mayor and Cheverly Town Council are from appropriated funds of the Town of Cheverly and must be accounted for to specified auditing standards.
Cheverly, MD 20785
- I hereby agree NOT to expend funds allocated to the designated organization for salaries, stipends and/or personal income.
- As duly authorized by the above named organization to accept this grant, I assume full responsibility for the proper expenditure of funds for the requested expenses and will report to the town staff the manner in which expended.
- Receipts and a full accounting of all grant funds are required by the end of the given Fiscal Year ending June 30th.
- I also understand that the funds provided are not for my own personal use, and that violation of this agreement will result in the reimbursement to the Town of Cheverly of any/all funds spent outside the parameters as denoted in the grant application.
Signature of Grant Recipient
PLEASE ATTACH THE FOLLOWING:
- THE PURPOSE OF THE GRANT REQUEST.
- A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT/PROGRAM YOU WISH TO EXECUTE WITH THE CHEVERLY GRANT PROGRAM FUNDING.
- A DETAILED ACCOUNTING OF AMOUNTS AND ACTIVITIES/ITEMS FOR WHICH THE GRANT FUNDS SHALL BE UTILIZED.
- A DETAILED TIMELINE FOR THE EXPENDITURE OF FUNDS.
- THE OVERALL BENEFIT TO THE COMMUNITY.
The Town of Cheverly 6401 Forest Road Cheverly, MD 20785-3197 (301) 773-8360 Fax: (301)773-0173