Skip Navigation
Town of Cheverly Home
This table is used for column layout.
Quick Links
Cheverly Seal
Clerk's Office Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the links for answers to these Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a Birth Certificate/Death Certificate?  
THE DIVISION OF VITAL RECORDS, under the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, provides people with certified copies of birth, death, and marriage certificates. In addition, the Division provides information on procedures for registering an adoption, legitimation, or an adjudication of paternity, or for creating a birth certificate for a person born in Maryland for whom no birth certificate ever existed. The Division also provides a verification of a divorce. Contact the Division of Vital Records at 1-800-832-3277. You can also get this information online at

How can I register to Vote?
Learn more about elections in Cheverly here.
Where and How to REGISTER:      

Online: You can download an Adobe Acrobat version of the voter registration form from the Maryland State Board of Elections at

By Mail: Call 301-430-8020 and a form will be mailed to you.
In Person:
1. Motor Vehicle Administration
2. Board of Elections, 16201 Trade Zone Avenue, Suite 108, Upper Marlboro, Maryland, 20774, any weekday from 8:00AM to 4:30PM. (except holidays)
3. Come in to Town Hall, 6401 Forest Road, Cheverly, for an registration form.

Does my animal need a license? How can I get one?
Prince George’s County requires that all dogs/cats/ferrets over the age of four months be licensed. License must be obtained 30 days after residency is established. Contact Prince George’s County Animal Control Management Division, License Section, 8311 D’Arcy Road, Forestville, Maryland, 20747, 301-499-8300.

Can I rent a room in the Community Center?
NO. The town does not rent out any of its facility.

Where are the closest Fire Departments?
North of Route 50: Bladensburg Volunteer Fire Department 4213 Edmonston Road, Bladensburg MD (telephone 301-864-4415)
South of Route 50: Chapel Oaks Volunteer Fire Department 5544 Sheriff Road, Capitol Heights MD (telephone 301-883-2600)
On Landover Road/202: Kentland Volunteer Fire Company 7701 Landover Road, Hyattsville (telephone 301-773-6033)

How do I reach the Cheverly Health Department Clinic?
The Prince George’s County Health Department Clinic located at Prince George’s Hospital is known as the “Cheverly Clinic”.  Please call the General Information Number for the Health Department at 301-583-3700.

Cheverly Executive Offices:   6401 Forest Road, Cheverly, MD 20785
Virtual Towns & Schools Website